Tottenham Hotspur are still trying to cope without Harry Kane.
The English striker is recovering from the surgery he had on a ruptured hamstring tendon last month and it’s expected he will be sidelined for the majority of what remains of the 2019/20 season.
And this was recently confirmed by Jose Mourinho, who stated the 26-year-old could return to the squad at the very end of the season, when Spurs face Leicester City in their last home game of the Premier League campaign.
Here’s what he said, as quoted by Evening Standard:
“The Leicester match [on May 9]. Maybe we need that match for something – to be fourth, to be fifth, to be sixth. Maybe we need that match for something and maybe he can help us in this match. I hope.”
Spurs die-hards are getting 70% on this Ultimate Tottenham Quiz. Can you beat them?
And then, after being asked if that was Kane’s best-case scenario, the Spurs manager said:
“Yes, I think so.”
Naturally, this didn’t come as brilliant news to many Spurs fans.
However, many of them were eager to suggest that Kane shouldn’t be rushed back as that could potentially be detrimental to his physical condition.
Of course, some fans also believe this is just one big mind game by the Special One who is most likely just trying to mislead the media and his top four rivals.
They seem to think he’s pretty good at those tricks and that Mourinho is likely hiding the truth.
But, one fan took this update as disastrous since without Kane fit and firing on all cylinders, he has absolutely no hope of Spurs clinching any titles in the ongoing 2019/20 campaign.
Finally, one other supporter thinks Mourinho should simply play Troy Parrott up front instead of the English striker to resolve the issue.
Elsewhere, many Spurs fans reacted to one of their biggest stars being linked with an exit to Liverpool…